Monday, August 10, 2009

Car

Yesterday I saw something really amazing. A Car.

It took a while to sink in that I had not seen one since I had gotten to Bontoc and Sogod. There were motorcycles and scooters and putt putts and tricycles and trucks and buses and vans that would carry fourteen people. But cars?? I had forgotten they existed.

I much prefer riding habal habal with the wind cooling me down after running or after swimming in the dagat (ocean). Tricycles tend to be pretty crowded. They are essentially like tiny cabs powered by a motorcycle and yesterday there twelve of us on one. A tricycle could comfortably seat two Americans, and we had all the supplies for lechon baboy which is roast pig.

The morning was spent cooking it. John John, a student in marine biology, was the chef. Eking did the transportation, and Inday was their chopping up vegetables. The water at the beach was crystal clear probably because of the rocks and overhead was the sound of a helicopter--President Arroyo was in Sogod to bless a new bridge that is on the road from Tacloban to Sogod. It is reportedly the tallest bridge in all of Asia.

Maybe it was her car!

No comments:

Post a Comment